Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Day Out at Club House

Went out to a club house over the weekend along with my new lens, a 50mm prime and the reowned Minolta beercan that I obtained from ebay recently for a combined price that is less than Sony's own 50mm offering inclusive of postage from USA! What a deal for two highly rated lens for the A mount system.

DSC02481
Sucre's take of the clubhouse with the 50mm f1.7 prime lens

DSC02450
Here's a reason to support the 50mm prime lens as a portrait lens, its so sharp that I could see find hair details

The Minolta AF 70-210mm f4.0 zoom lens that is shaped like it's nickname, beercan arrived a few hours after my 50mm prime so this was the first outing with this 20 year old solid glass. Solid because it is really heavy. I was lucky to find lots of kids running around in what looks like a Halloween party at the clubhouse. I didn't have to try too hard to get these shots with the beercan. I'm impressed.

DSC02398
Slightly out of focused due to fast movement of those kids... but I liked this shot nonetheless, if only it is focus I would put it down as one of my classic photos...

DSC02395
Seems like a little international kids party there..

DSC02407
This is the expression you get when you spin too fast on a merry-go-round

DSC02393
This photo gives a better perspective of what is going on... Don't have to use 210mm all the time... especially when...

DSC02393 crop
I could crop with the luxury of a 10mp camera... this is a 2.8mp crop with sufficient details for an good 4R print or a decent 8R photo

Right next to the playground there's these potted plants for me to test out the macro capabilities with the beercan. Given that the lens diameter is 55mm too, I could try to use the beercan with my closeup filter in the near future too. Now where's another caterpillar when you need them. Meanwhile, I would have to settle for this.

DSC02399

DSC02444

Almost 4000 Alpha photos and still counting. Gotta go out more with my camera.... All photos taken with the Sony Alpha A100 dSLR with either the 50mm f1.7 prime lens or the beercan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment