Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Revisiting Aloe Vera Flowers

More than 1/2 a year ago, my Dad had his first aloe vera flower blooming right at the door step and I gladly shot it with my H1 then. Now we are in the third round and I had the chance to explore these flowers with a different tool.

Then:

DSC01571p

DSC01696

Taken with the Sony H1 with its native lens. Didn't bother to try with my close-up lens now that I have one because of the shape of the flower makes it difficult to frame a nice shot with the shallow depth of field available.

Now:
DSC00789 1
Resized version

DSC00789 2
Cropped version

DSC00789 3
100% Cropped version

Taken with the Alpha with my close-up lens attached to my 18-70mm kit lens, so I can focus much closer to the flower but still a bit far from the 2cm macro the H1 is capable of. And I used flash with this shot too taken at night. If only it is easier to focus when I stack my close-up lens with my telephoto lens.


0 comments:

Post a Comment