Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

H3 Physics Course

Crap. My whole post disappeared after I clicked published. All my whining about running about 3.5 km 3 times in 5 days and the useless relearning quantum mechanics in ancient Schrodinger wave method in the H3 course is gone. Now I'm so tired I won't have time to retype everything! I shall just post the pictures on the hidden stash of polarized light demos here that I did not do with my year 3 students.

1.) LCD monitor light is polarized
DSC04991
Step 1: Place linear polarizer on screen

DSC04993 DSC04992
Step 2: Turn the polarizer and see the screen disappear

2.) Polarizer does not block 100% of the light
DSC04994
Step 1: Place 2 linear polarizer perpendicular to each other (so theoretically no light would pass through)

DSC04997 DSC04996
Step 2: Place it against a bright light source and rotate 1 of your polarizer

So blue - green light gets block by both polarizer while red managed to escape through. I can repeat this with my circular polarizers to get violet-blue light instead of red light here. Who says we can't do polarization demonstrations with circular polarizers, it still works (to some extent) too.