Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Singapore Garden Festival I

Just cam back few hours ago from the Singapore Garden Festival with almost 400 photographs from the exhibition. Its tiring bringing along all those gear and changing lens once a while to get those shots. The exhibition is worth it during the weekdays especially when you only paid $3 for a subsidized tickets. Or better yet, if you have a complimentary one.

DSC00001
Subsidized tickets, because we are...

Don't bother to book from Sistic if you are visiting during the weekdays as it will only cost more for booking online or through phone. Better to get it straight from Suntec.

pano
Concept gardens

pano02
You need your widest fisheye lens or stitch-em-up like I did for these gardens. Stepping back is not an option given the number of heads in front of you.

I heard much about the fantasy/concept gardens at level 6 so that was my first stop, at level 6. Silly me brought all my gear with my portable harddisk and plenty of spare battery but forgot about my card reader/camera usb cable so I had to shoot in jpg. Which meant that I had to work extra hard to ensure that white balance is spot on and exposure is right etc...

DSC00024
Secret garden leads to photographs of a garden..

Give this a miss I would say. Its just some photos of flowers, plants and insects. And I have seen better images in online forums like clubsnap and dpreview compared to those on display there. The best of secret garden can be seen here already.

DSC00019
Some really weird plant with very red leaves... Any biologists around?

DSC00047
Would you want this in your garden?

DSC00031
Futuristic garden of ... brown rice?

DSC00030
Are we expecting these seeds to grow in this conditions?

I shall keep all those worthy photographs in Flickr here and shall update Webshots later for my favourite ones. So if you are too busy to visit, I can share some of my photos with you. Expect at least a week of blog dedicated to this festival.

With the labels feature for the new blogger, I don't think I will need to put the last paragraph here anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment