Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

New Campus, Old Campus

Moving from a relatively new campus to an almost historical campus in Singapore is something different but that's what PRIME is about. At least it is on a temporary basis (sigh...). Been there many times myself but finally had a chance to walk around with my camera looking for all the hot (and hidden) spots around the campus and to familiarise myself. Teaching year 5 is no joke in the future, especially for humanities teachers as they would have to climb down from 3rd floor to the ground floor and trek to the container classrooms and climb up again just to reach the classroom. I can forsee myself getting a lot fitter from all the stairs.

DSC05005
This is where students will go for their physical education and here's the vantage point to people to ogle observe them. Note that the folks staying at the private housing opposite gets a pretty good view of the basketball courts area too.

DSC05007
The grass is green and the track is urmm... supposedly red. This is no photoshop trick but I sure hope they repair the track soon...

DSC05010
Something tells me that the container classrooms aint new. Afterall I guess I'm among the pioneer batches in JC who started using container classrooms. It was introduced in my JC 2 year at least in my JC. Before that it was unheard of.

DSC05011
And it seems they are going to call the classes in year 5, 5A, 5B blah blah.. like primary school. lol...

DSC05012
There's no windows for container classrooms, but every class has this... the same brand and type of air-con that I use in my house. Cool!

DSC05013
The corridors of the container classroom. Look at the floor during raining season. That's why I say we need to trek to the classroom.

DSC05043
Meanwhile, other levels get to use orthodox classrooms like these

DSC05044
Nice rooftop garden... would be great if we could do a BBQ cum moon gazing here too. Perfect location for mid autumn festival event

DSC05049
The track again from another vantage point

All photos taken with the Sony Alpha A100 using the Sony 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 kit lens except for the last 3 photos were taken with the Minolta 'beercan' 70-210mm f4.0 lens. Pictures seen here had saturation and contrast pushed up a little to make my nature shots look more appealing but forgot about these shots and applied the same settings to all of them in postprocessing...

0 comments:

Post a Comment