Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Pixar Did it Again!

Started working full-time this week, even though there's still a couple of days more before term starts again but I've got plenty of stuff to do and datelines to meet already! But nonetheless I caught perhaps the last movie that I will get to watch for months today - Cars.

mcqueen_800x600
McQueen showing off his 'lightyear' tyres in his dedicated wallpaper. Oh man, do I love derivative terms from Physics!

Oh my did Pixar did it again!

I always preferred Pixar's cartoon over Disney or any other productions. Pixar's animation felt sincere and was always a job well done. Their cartoons alway manage to touch my heart and is always about something simple - Friendship or Family. They brings a life and most important of all, a personality to the characters they create.

Pixar's animation always had a plot as thin and simple as a sheet of tissue paper. One could effectively guess the plot after the first 15 minutes or so. But that does not stop it from becoming a classic. Cars started off Lightning McQueen, the lead car in the animation racing on tracks. He was a rookie, arrogant, fearless and a show off, in other words, he was a jerk, a complete jerk. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that dear McQueen will be humbled and transformed to Mr Nice at the end of the show. The only piece missing was, how did that happened.

Reflecting back, many of us may be just like Lightning McQueen, a rookie in the workforce chasing after the dollar. We may be clouded by the finishing line in front of us, trying to make sure that we cross that line before others do but had forgotten what really makes one a champion. McQueen figured that out and truly became a champion, will us figure that out too?

All in all, Cars is a heartwarming and funny animation with a great soundtrack to boot. We may never see talking cars but these cars can be more human than we are. Highly recommended by me and sucre to watch before schools kick in.

2 comments:

At 1:07 am Anonymous said...

Hi, I know it is not right to post a comment in your blog just like this.. but I really wanted to get a certain information from you. I see that you have been to Sultan Shore? I really wanted to know if outsider can actually go there by means of booking or something else.. because I went there before with my uncle, and he's a worker of PSA, however I would like to bring my friend there as well, therefore I wonder if I can book the place by myself.. hope you will be able to answer my question. Really really thanks alot!!

 
At 7:07 pm Mastermind said...

unfortunately, it is out of bounds to outsiders even if you get a boat to ferry you there.

 

Post a Comment