Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Selling my 2nd hand textbooks

SGD$1000, this is an estimated amount I spent on textbooks and reference books throughout my 4 years of studies in NUS plus the 1 semester I spend in NIE. Of the 25 books in my lists, I probably used a couple of them extensively to justify the cost of buying them. Another half of them might be worth keeping as display sets to confuse and impress friends the Physics way - the Differential Geometry way. The rest are most likely crappy textbooks that I hope I didn't buy yet the paper is like worth it's weight in gold.

Indeed, some textbooks (Physics of Atoms and Molecules by Bransden & Joachain) that I search in amazon.com costs more 100USD for a new one and sells for 50USD as a secondhand. Man, I could start an online business selling 2nd hand Physics textbooks to Americans and make a handsome profits if only Amazon let international sellers do their business there.

Locally, I only found edu Labs who are willing to pay like $6-$15 per book even though they will sell it at 2.4 times the price on their other website. Selling my unwanted books en mass will fetch me a grand sum of about S$80 only, that's like only 20% of my invested costs. Even cars don't depreciate that much in that time especially my books are in excellent conditions (mostly unused and unread).

So if any of you wish to adopt a book from me, (international requests entertained too), just quote me a price here too. It's that time of the year (spring cleaning) and I'm holding a garage sale here.


DSC00368
Numerical Analysis by Richard L.B. & J. Douglas
DSC00369
The Craft of Political Research by Phillips Shively
DSC00370
Essentials of Political Research by Alan D. Monroe
DSC00374
Options Futures & Other Derivatives by John C. Hull
DSC00379
Operations Research, An Introduction by Taha
DSC00380
Discovering Grammar by Anne Lobeck
DSC00381
English history, diversity and change by Graddol
DSC00382
Physics of Atoms and Molecules by B.H. Bransden & C. J. Joachain

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment