Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

I just made a friend

DSC00384

I just made a friend. One day, my cupboard snapped and broke it's leg, it could no longer stand the load on it's shoulders, so I went to look for a replacement. Very quickly, I spotted a few eligible candidates and decided to look at their resume and have an interview to see who fits best. I needed someone with a balance between class, practicality and low wage demands.

Then I saw a desk, it was elegant, refined and a perfect fit for my mistress. The devils in me told me to get it while the angels say your 10 year old desk is still functional. It wasn't long before I lost my battle with the devils, especially since I get a "discount" for the desk. So I got a desk and a cupboard.

Later, I saw a storage rack, and history repeats itself. At the end of the day, I made a friend. My friend approached me as I was checking out with my stuff and he offered me points, free drinks and a voucher. I bought so much furniture that IKEA made me a friend and even gave me vouchers for my next visit.

DSC00385

I never knew that shopping at IKEA could be so harzardous to one's financial health. They should put up a warning or two about the risks walking into it.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment