Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Some minor complains @ the zoo trip.

DSC00445 reflection
The zoo ain't really camera friendly as there is no way I could hide from the glaring background seen from this pic. Just simply need the polarizing lens for such shots, but S$160 per piece seems too much an investment (plus, I will really need a electrical dry cabinet to store these stuff) This problem exists for all cameras but at least H1 got the lens to improve the situation.

DSC00477 autoDSC00478 sunlight
Which one looks more natural? The pic on the left uses auto-white balance while the other is manual white balance. Since I get to shoot with different light settings (outdoors, indoors, low light, sunny, cloudy) on a single day, I tend to be lazy and rely on auto-white balance to do the trick but it failed badly under sunny condition. At least the manual white balance did justice to the camera.

DSC00573 focus
These cute furry rodents are living in a pretty dark room behind glass walls (no flash) and they are very fast and difficult to capture. Even this better image is not quite sharp either. Changing to higher ISO levels would introduce plenty of noise. Tough luck as there seems to be no way out the mud for these situation. Either that or I've got much to learn with my H1

DSC00671 sigh
Comparing photos taken at the zoo by better photographers (with much better equipment too) makes me feel like this lion. Then again, I don't have the $$ and time to spend and learn photography to such levels.


Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment