Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

ORD Leave - Day 1

No, I'm not dead yet.. In fact I'm almost done with my 30 months of NS liability and right now I am clearing my ORD leave/off until the last week when I need to go back and do my clearance and dekit. For the girls, it means I don't need to go back army till the last week where I need to return to settle paperwork.

Why 30 months of NS? Because I was enlisted before 2002, the cut-off date whereby NSF get discounts of 2-6 months and because I did not pass my NAFPA test in JC and miss out a further 2 months credit. The good thing is, 30 months of NS is useful for civil servants as guys like us get a pay increment after 6 months in the ministry. For guys who serve only 2 years, they will have to wait for 12 months. Well that's something to cheer about.

Now that I'm in my Civilian Conversion Course, I hope to achieve some goals before I start my work in the public sector.

1.) Lost weight - In fact I have started this some time back and met with some success

2.) Get fit - The irony is, I gain weight and generally became less healthy when I'm in NS, go figure.

3.) Rip MCD - I really need to convert all my music cds to mp3 for the iPod I so wanted to buy with my first pay.

4.) Spring Cleaning - Or rather Summer Cleaning, really need to sort out my junk.

5.) Win the Champion's League - That's for my CM

Well, wish me luck...

0 comments:

Post a Comment