Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

More Photo Editing Fun

Had some free time to play around with some of my photos to see if I can make it look better than before. What do you think? Is the original better or does the new version have more ohmph in it?

#1
clouds sea ship
This was part of my old banner series of the sea view at Pasir Ris park. Several shots stitched together taken with my H1. The sky looks a bit flat

clouds sea ship post
Did some burning to the midtones and adjusted the colour curve. The clouds now seem to be popping out and the sky prettier, isn't it?

#2
DSC05990
From the SJAB parade. I liked the angle of the shot but the challenging conditions meant I burnt the background but the faces were still a tad underexposed.

DSC05990post
Cropped some of the burnt skies to give a 3 by 2 aspect ratio (for printing of 4R too) and brighten up the faces.

#3

DSC06189 DSC06175
Two shots of the nice blue skies from the recce trip during the fireworks festival. Thought I could do something with the skies to make it better, I hope...

DSC06189post DSC06175post
Blue skies, brighter and greener grass for the first pic and a crop for the second. Now the sky blue looks more appealing to my eyes, at least.

#4
DSC06193
This sunset shot is from the fireworks festival period too. Thought I could add more drama mama to the shot..

DSC06193post
Here's a redder, or rather, orangy skies. Brighten up the buildings a bit too. Could be better but my basic skills could only do so much..

#5
DSC00192
Again difficult lighting conditions caused the background to be burnt. But it opens up opportunity to try something different in my editing...

DSC00192post
Might as well desaturate and burn all the highlights of the background stuff to make xiaobudian stand out even more. At full size, can even see the water trail on her face. Cool!

DSC00192 post 2
Oh.. left out this one in the last update. Another version of xiaobudian's photo. This one is just desaturation

Well.. hope ya like what you see here...

2 more days to term 4..


0 comments:

Post a Comment