Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Marina City Park by Day

I was looking at the street directory when I figured out that Marina City Park could be facing the fireworks and would be an ideal location for photos. So I just drop by after the National Day luncheon to look for a good spot. Besides the location for the fireworks, Sucre and I also found another nice spot during our 2nd exploration where some of the people camped.

DSC06172
Map of Marina City Park

DSC06163
There's a reason why it's known as the city park, the city is in full view from the main entrance already!

DSC06165
Esplanade area where I took fireworks shots for Team Italy.

DSC06166
Not convinced? Let's zoom in 12x. H1 was with me during the recee. A bit foggy though

dsc0617071
This was the location chosen for the fireworks. No fountain in the afternoon, low lying trees. Seems ideal for high level fireworks but would block 50% of the low one. Not a big problem. The water and city background features would have made up for it adequately.

DSC06175
Nice afternoon at the park

DSC06182
So much so that I spotted a kingfisher and did some birding with my 1.7 tcon.

DSC06189
Just love the H1 colours. 4 Layers - grass, trees, clouds, blue blue sky.

It was a fruitful trip. Marina south is not a place where I would go regularly. It's not very accessible without your own transport but I'm glad that I went to take a look. There's plenty of negatives such as only one way to exit Marina South by car (towards west) and it goes past ERP (crappy) too. There's a massive jam after the fireworks because there's thousands of vehicles leaving through the same road at the same time.

All photos taken with the Sony H1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment