Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Pasar Malam (DSC F11)

The local flea market, or pasar malam, is here at Clementi again. We get the usual spread of unhealthy food, cheap CDs and clothes for sale here and I brought the F11 along to take a few photos when I visited it last time.

DSCF0206
There's a lot of human traffic at Clementi central but just how many of them really stopped and bought something there. ISO800, 1/80 sec, F2.8

DSCF0207
Kids stuff rule in these flea markets, we get cheap clothes, cheap bags, cheap toys and cheap stickers. The only thing different with pasar malam now and those I go when I was young was the absence of games and rides. It was known more as a funfair last time with a lot more games stall than goods. ISO800, 1/60 sec, F2.8

DSCF0212
The latest features in pasar malam these few years is the sale of furniture. I wonder who's bright idea is it to sell furnitures here. The rain and stuff would have a devastating effect on the furnitures before it is sold. What are these people thinking of? ISO800, 1/30 sec, F2.8

DSCF0215
Zhng my bicycle photo. ISO1600, 1/4 sec, F2.8, no flash taken in hurry.

Perhaps the most interesting thing I observed in the trip was not the pasar malam itself. I spotted someone who "zhng" his bicycle and hurriedly took out my F11 to take this shot. It's a all or nothing shot so bear the fuzziness with me. Wonder if the owner downloaded mrbrown's zhng my car series podcast.

In case you can't see clearly on the photo, this guy have rear mirrors to check the traffic behind, a car battery loaded behind powering a red rear light and two signal lights by the side. Did this guy zhng his bike or his bicycle man. Uniquely Singapore.

Anyway, the F11 performed well at low light conditions. Noise is not as destructive as the H1 at ISO400 though it does lose some details at higher ISOs. But that should not be a problem for 4R prints as it still have plenty left (details) to spare. Current, other ways to get high ISO performances like F11 is either to get the R1 or a dSLR or a Sony equivalent camera (DSC W100).

0 comments:

Post a Comment