Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Happy Teacher Day

I truly believe that a retired teacher can be very happy and proud of their 40 years of career in education. I have seen one retire last year whom I got to know him better as we used to work in the same CCA when I first started out as a beginning teacher. I knew he was very happy and proud being a teacher but I didn’t think I understand why until April last year.

The happiness when a teacher learns about the achievements of his students is one of the reasons why education is such a rewarding career. I was mugging at home when I received news from my students that one of my student who just won a top prize in a top competition in Singapore, I got so excited for him. I look upon my student presenting his work overseas and bringing back honours for Singapore with pride. I was happy for my students when they got their ‘A’ levels results, not only for those who got straight A’s, but also for those who didn’t do as well but did not let that set back put them down. I am pleased to see my ex-civics class do well in their PW when they receive their results today. I am thrilled to find out that one of my students is selected for a prestigious program in one of the top university in USA.

I am proud to know that all these students have good character, well rounded and truly deserve their achievements. I have a very happy teacher day today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment