Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

3 Goals of life

I have 3 goals in my life.

  1. To start a happy family
  2. To make an huge impact in the lives of my closed ones
  3. To make an significant impact in the lives of many others
I'm making good progress in 1. and 2. but 3. seems so far away. Today, I shall focus on number 1.

Engaged September 2006, ROMed September 2007, Traditional September 2008, dream home coming soon in 2008. Things can't get any smoother and I can't get any poorer. I guess I fall into the boring category of people who study - work - get married kind. But so long as I'm happy with it (and Sucre is happy with it too), who cares about what other people thinks? That's why I'm a mastermind.

Recently we took part in a balloting exercise for the first time and we were pretty lucky to be number 111 to select our flat. I didn't believe that I could get our dream top floor unit but we manage to get it (a day after our selection it was all gone). Life is good.

DSC05592
Image of our home to be

Our new home will be next to MRT (ready by 2009), next to a sports stadium with other facilities such as indoor swimming pool and gym. It is 10 minutes walk from a shopping mall and a wet market, 3 minutes drive away from AYE and PIE, sold as a premium contract (more about it later) and it is cheap! Sure, it has its fair share of problems too but I realize that you can't find a house that fits all your criteria so I'm happy to find one that fits most. Most importantly, I get to be the first batch of home owners to enjoy the new CPF housing grant rule so I get even a better deal out of it.

DSC05411
The main bedroom is quite small and the attach bathroom needs some work to make it better. Thankfully my Dad will be able to take care of it since he work in the renovation line.

DSC05409 DSC05408
The rooms may seem dark due to two reasons. A camera is not as good as human eyes in looking at high dynamic range scenes like these leading to an apparent dark room and the sample unit is located at 6th floor while my is in the 18th floor. Plus, I get full height windows for my bedrooms too

DSC05404
The living/dining room is big and even though it does not come with a balcony like other 5 room flats, it does include full height windows for the living room. Plus I get a nice garden view. Did I say I got a top floor unit, so it includes nice sky view too.

DSC05405
The kitchen is tiny compared to the older flats like the one that I'm staying now but I guess Singaporeans will just have to resign to fate and accept these tiny kitchens since almost all HDB flats comes with micro kitchens. Maybe they are into nanoscales too.

Well, as you can see, the flat is basically done with renovation. Just need to top up with your furniture and you are almost ready to move in. Wirings and pipings are concealed so you won't see all the pipes and wires popping up here and there. That's what the benefit of a premium contract. I wished I could lay my wires for lan connection but Sucre wants wireless (as if background radiation isn't enough) and what about wires for my 4.1 speaker systems. (Darn, I thought I would upgrade to a 6.1 system in the future, maybe I'll go wireless again)

0 comments:

Post a Comment