Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

No Mood To Do Anything



SJAB CNY Dinner 2007


Because I just received 2 letters. One takes my money (income tax returns), the other takes my life literally at a rate of a couple of weeks a year (posting to NS unit). Ah man... A man gotta do what a man gotta do. If I can survive 2.5 years of full-time service, I can take 10 years of part-time service. But the shitty thing is, on black and white, I can't be deferred even when I take on my part-time Masters program in July! (Unless if it falls in the exam period but only 1 deferment allowed a year even though we have 2 exams per year?!)

Given that a school term in NUS lasts only 13 weeks, to miss 3 weeks of lessons due to ICT means to miss about a quarter of the lesson. That's so idiotic! Isn't it? This is so bad for research because when things are going smooth, 3 weeks could mean a paper and/or a patent churned out. Yet one more reason for males to do research studies overseas.

No wonder Singaporean males feel that they are 2nd class citizens because they put in so much for the country yet they don't get the benefits (except for a puny tax relief etc).

Grumble Grumble

Anyway, enjoy the photos taken yesterday night... Grrrrrr...

0 comments:

Post a Comment