Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

As expected, a cheap third party macro lens would have quality issues and required a bit more photoediting to clean up. But is still valuable to let me have a hands on to learn about macro photography.

Ironically, a close up lens let me take macro photos further from my subject and hence I could use flash macro photography. Which is very helpful since it will let me use higher shutter speed at lower ISO values hence getting better quality pictures. In return, the background will be darker (depends on the environment that I shoot it). But it's so darn hard to get good focus at full telephoto macro.

Looks like a good macro lens would be coming my way soon after I get my pay increment, and hopefully, some mid-year bonus.

CA flower
Look at the colour around the edges at the bottom left corner. It's bluish on one side and yellowish on the other. This is known as chromatic aberration (or rainbow effect). I think that is why those expensive macro lens consists of two glass elements at least.

PS flower
The same photo edited. Not perfect yet but it's better nonetheless.

These are chilli flowers by the way and the ant you see are the typical small ants we find in our house all the time. Obviously this is not the closest I can get but is more or less the best I could do, so far, hand held.

0 comments:

Post a Comment