Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

So Candice Wan won the Angus Ross prize for best performance in Literature by a non-UK candidate and she is a SAINT. I didn't know about it until I saw the news on mb (again) and was link to another saint blog who wonders what Miss K thinks of all this. I was just reading it and when I reach the last part I almost burst out in laughter. (Ex-saints should read it).

This article prompt me to revisit the saints homepage to rediscover sajc and I can't help but feel old because...

1.) I don't recognise most of the faces in the staff photo.

2.) The maths tutor who just came to teach us 8 years ago is now the HOD of maths department. And she was pregnant (think should have given birth by now, anyone can update me on the child's name and sex etc?)

3.) The disciplinary master, Mr Marimuthu, the guy with hairy ears who rides a scooter to world trade centre (now harbour front) to catch students siaming chapel hour, is no longer in SAJC.

4.) The CCA teacher, whom we passionately named Xu Lao Lao is now in the disciplinary committee.

5.) The "never was there by chance" principal B.C. is now tau-kay of St Andrew's Village, the combined campus of the SA group of schools.

Think SAJC going to erect a statue or plaque in honour of this achievement. Coming up, a photo of Miss Teo playing mahjong (when she was young).


2 comments:

At 7:43 pm Nicholas said...

Mr Muthu left SA? Inconceivable! I still have notes with (someone else's) doodles of his ears on them.

 
At 9:03 pm Mastermind said...

Either that or he was camera shy during the staff photo taking

 

Post a Comment