Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Will This Work? Yes it DID

Got the green light to purchase a brand new PC/Mac to replace my old one.. The fact that I'm still running W2K tells you how old this relic is. In fact the oldest piece (Creative Sound Blaster Live) inside is almost 8 years old together with my Cambridge Soundworks 4.1 speakers, even though I have changed, upgraded, replaced almost every part of my computer setup since I bought it during my NUS days. Now.. I'm going to give my speakers another 8 years to work with me while I change all the rest with high end stuff at the price lower than my first new PC, the 486-40MHz machine, I got when I was half my current age. The pace of technology...

Hardware
Asus P5Q-C P5Q-E Mainboard (eSata, DDR2/DDR3)
Intel Quadcore Q9550 2.83 GHz
Seagate 500 gb HDD (SATA)
2x2 = 4gb Kingston PC2 8500 6400 memory
Asus EAH4670 512mb DDR3 Radeon graphics card with HDMI output
CM Centurion Casing with CM Extreme AcBel power supply unit
Samsung 24" 2493HM (wide screen) 1920 x 1200 monitor
Creative Soundblaster Audigy value
Sony Pioneer 20x DVD writer plus lightscribe (SATA)
MS Wireless laser desktop (keyboard/mouse)
Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T PCI PlusTv Hybrid tuner (for HD5)

Software
MS Windows VISTA Home Premium (64 bit)
Office Home and Student 2007
Kaspersky Internet Security
Adobe Creative Suite 3.3 Web Premium (Student Pack) collection

Grand Total Estimates
Less than S$2750 S$2500

Or I can get an iMac for about the same price but with duo core, 2gb ram, wired mouse and keyboard, 256mb graphics card, 320gb hdd... with a lot less features..

Maybe I should stick to my PC... pray hard that my printer and wireless modem etc works well with this new configuration... Will definitely look forward to photo editing etc with it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment