Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

H3 FAQ

Well, I get asked a lot about "should I take H3" etc questions recently now that the common test results are out. I think it is worthwhile to deal with this topic for a while here today.

Q1. Should I take H3 subjects?
A1: If you can, why not? Why shouldn't you take H3 subjects if you are able to?

Q2. Why should I take H3 subjects?
A2: Ideally, the answer should be because you love that subject. But I will settle for "going for scholarship" any day too.

Q3. I do not meet the minimum requirements set by so and so for H3 in that subject, should I sign up?
A3: Yes. The brick wall is there to stop those who do not want it as much. If you truly love that subject and can show that you can handle it, then go for it. Let the teachers have the headache of whether to accept your application or not.

Q4. What is H3 physics about?
A4: In H3 physics, we will study 6 topics in modern physics that is not covered in H2 physics. Of which, there will be some (roughly 10-20% by my inaccurate estimates) will be extension of H2 physics topics. It's fun because it is totally different from the physics we have learned so far

Q5. Who will be teaching H3 physics?
A5: All (currently 5) physics tutors will be taking turns to teach H3 physics.

Q6. Will I be able to take H3 under NUS/NTU next year?
A6: Yes, you will be eligible to sign up for external H3 courses. Though it may be a good idea to leave the vacancies to your friends who needs it more than you.

Remember, Physics is Phun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment