Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

New Challenges

DSC02635
Image taken by Sucre (or did I take this with the A100?).. I liked this composition and she likes the polar bear. Somehow she thinks that I belong to the Singapore Zoo because I like to lie around naked slacking.

Just came back from a wedding dinner attended by quite a few teachers yesterday night. Teachers from RGS, NUS High, TJC, NJC and more. There are teachers from less prestigious schools nonetheless but what is interesting is to find out the attitude of these teachers whose contracts are going to end soon next year.

One wanted to be a classroom teacher for life, one wanted to quit and go for his PhD overseas. Some complained about not worth giving it all as a teacher as the performance bonus is not proportional to the effort, better to moonlight as tuition teachers especially if you come from top schools. One considering quiting but will wait till he finishes his Masters in Education first. There's also a story of an Architect graduate who wanted to teach Secondary school, who taught (as an untrained teacher) passionately in two top schools and wanted to go into NIE with expenses all paid for (not by MOE) but was refused cause they don't want to set a precedent but this has nothing to do with this post whatsoever.

I felt so out of touch and out of sync with most of them as I never thought of all these stuff at all as I'm always too busy preparing for the new challenges ahead. Is it because I'm in a different environment compared to them now? I wonder...

0 comments:

Post a Comment