Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

New Camera.. K810i

New phone. Finally got my hands on a Cybershot Phone.. I hear reviews that the Cybershot phones have a decent camera function so I gotta check it out. No doubt its decent for the average user but guess there is much room for improvement. Here's some shots and short explanation why. (I wish I have more time to blog about it man)

DSC00015
Shot with the Xenon flash, ISO 400, f2.8, 1/250 shutter speed, focal length unknown, exif info blank, crop

The flash seems to push up the ISO, and the pictures will turn up with a characteristic Sony water colour effect due to aggressive noise reduction on what definitely is a tiny sensor. This is to maintain the 1/250 s shutter speed I guess but image quality will be affected by it nonetheless. But 3mp means that I get the real estate to crop in a camera phone for the first time.

DSC00020

Outdoor shots, shutter speed can go as fast as 1/1250 s, still f2.8 but ISO 80 only

In bright lights, the image quality is more than decent. The trees are sharp and I could see that it may be sharper than my Alpha with the telephoto lens. But of course I'm looking at 3mp against 10mp and a whole lot of difference in focal length. Just for sake of comparison.

DSC00022
Digital zoom till max on one of the HDB flats.. Real ugly... yikes.. wonder why will they uprez a crop pic by so much that it is practically useless by this size. Zoom ratio - 16x (My H1 only offers 12 x optical)

DSC00037
DSC00039

For some fun, here's some pics of my year 4 class doing examinations... hehehe... but the amount of chromatic aberration will make me faint especially in that 16x digital zoom version.. purple monster rule here.

In short... this is more a phone than a cybershot. Why? I don't even know the focal length in 35mm format and other nitty gritty details of a camera. Little to no photographic controls over ISO and stuff. No exif information recorded in jpg. Simply put.. too many cybershot features are missing to truly let me consider it as a camera first, phone second. Plus, image stabilization is a must given the difficulty in holding the phone steady.

anyway.. here's my guess on those nitty gritty stuff
Aperture is fixed at f2.8
Shutter speed ranges at least from 1/8s to 1/1250s based on my 20 shots or so, need more testing to confirm
ISO from 80 to 400
focal length still not known but seems like >35mm

Plus
Interesting package of a camera in the size of a phone
Proper flash instead of LED light
Lens cover (finally)
Good quality images in good light

Minus
Purple monster
Over compression
Lack of photographic controls (That I use)
Not so accurate white balance indoors
Limited dynamic range (based on my snapshot judgement)
More gimmick than a real camera. Think my old almost 6 years ago Sony P3 did better even though it has less pixels!

Ah... that's all folks... 1 more day and year 4 will celebrate.. Good luck! Though I doubt anyone of them will see this tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment