Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

"I can't wait to move to XXX"

That's a comment from my Dad, after taking the MRT to work for these few days during the morning rush hour. The reason? He couldn't get into the train for 3-4 consecutive times because it was jammed packed with people by the time it hits the 5th station. I still remember that 10 years ago, my sister's advice to me was "go to the rear end or front end platforms, you have a higher chance to find a seat there". Now, you will be happy if you could find a standing space in any part of the platform.

The problem? Decision makers are living in an ivory tower totally disconnected from ground. They use figures and big theories and ideals to make their point rather than basing it from experience. We are living in their blind spot.

After driving for a couple of years, I find it harder and harder to go back to public transport, especially the MRT. It just feel like going into a jail for 30 minutes just to get to your destination as you are trapped in the little standing area. Did I mention that I dropped a piece of tissue in the MRT recently but couldn't pick it up without elbowing someone or hitting the fellow behind with my behind? That is ridiculous for an off peak train.

When will my photos be uploaded. I want to blog about them. Meanwhile, you may ask me for the link to view my official ROM pics. It's considered private so I will give access to people I know only. If you are too shy to ask for it, I might choose some of the photographs to be featured here sometime soon.

On the other note, the laser is finally aligned. It took 3 different experts (me not included as I'm a complete newbie to alignment of lasers) almost a week just to get that laser spot focus on the right plane at the right spot for the nanoscience electives. I hope none of my students would accidentally misalign it as it will screw up affect the rest of the people doing the practical after them. Now we can do some carbon nanotubes trimming.

2 comments:

At 11:02 pm Tsk said...

Cool! I wan! I wan! Gimme your link to the ROM pics!

Hey, we have an optical tweezer in our school. Maybe we can share share for electives, e.g. our students go to yours and yours come over. Take it as a form of student exchange.

 
At 7:23 pm Mastermind said...

check your edumail.. I hope you don't have someone of the same name in your school. haha...

 

Post a Comment