Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Still Alive

Thanks everybody for the sms and tag board well wishes, I'm still alive and kicking and this is the first day in a very long while since I totally did zero amount of work and slept like more than 1/2 the day away. I'm just suffering from typical flu with running nose (2 days), a sore throat (better now), cough (getting worse at night as expected) and the occasional fever (highest of 37.9 degrees C, mild considered that I'm usually 1 degrees hotter in such situations). Of course, the body ache that comes together with fever.

After living for so long and seen so many doctors in my life I'm pretty certain of the kind of western medicine that would be prescribed to me based on my symptoms. But didn't manage to get any antibiotics from polyclinics (it's difficult to get from them in any case since they like to keep costs down) so I'll have to depend on my good old system of recovery. Must have caught this bug in school since I found a few colleagues and students on mc for the past week too. I'm a slow learner, what to do.

There are so many different sickness that has flu-like symptoms so I'll be on the alert for any danger signals. Looks like no running for me for some time... sigh... and my timing would definitely be affected adversely after this bout of sickness. Ah well... Time to take my drowsy medicine soon... it makes sleeping easier and your sickness less painful since you sleep your way out of it. But I hate the tasteless feeling I get from medication. arrghhh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment