Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Life Lesson

Had a valuable lesson today. June is really an experienced teacher and there is plenty that I could learn from her. If I were to convey the same message across to my students, I think the effect would only be 1% of how she did it today. No wonder she is well-respected by her students. Respect is earned, not demanded. I would say her respect is well deserved. Kudos to her.

Most of the time, teachers demand and expect the level the trust and respect from students and students would look up at teachers as a mentor. But sometimes, a teacher may fall short of expectations as a mentor as we may not be experienced and masters of everything. I think it is important as an individual to know his/her weakness and work on it.

《大学》的哲学思考 (wiki)

古之欲明明德于天下者,先治其国。欲治其国者,先齐其家。欲齐其家者,先修其身。欲修其身者,先正其心。欲正其心者,先诚其意。欲诚其意者,先致其知。致知在格物。物格而后知至,知至而后意诚,意诚而后心正,心正而后身修,身修而后家齐,家齐而后国治,国治而后天下平。

修身, 齐家, 治国, 平天下!

Of course, I'm not pretending that I'm buying into the confucius thinkings completely but I do agree with it to a certain extent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment