Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Caterpillars with Alpha

DSLR are not so great when it comes to macro due to the larger sensor and shallower depth of field. But hey, it didn't perform that badly when I attach my close-up filter to my telephoto lens. Hmm.. seems like my H1 may be going on sales soon if it totally replaces it in all respects. Then again, maybe not. H1 can be my multi-purpose all in one camera.

aDSC03851
Using the H1, this is how the caterpillar looks like...

DSC02087
This is how the alpha sees it

DSC02092
Another angle. The caterpillar was climbing down but I rotate the photo such that it seems horizontal

Please do take note of the differences in both shots as they are taken at different time (5 months apart) of different caterpillar (duh, look at the colour!) Though I wanted to take shots of similar caterpillar but the green one disappear so I had to settle for the brown one. Hope that it turns green soon.

Also, I had to stop shooting cos my flash went out of juice and I'm out of fresh batteries so I have yet to be satisfied with the results but it aint that bad either. Wonder how much would my H1 fetch if I sell it away (I hope at least $900 with both wide and tele lens)... hmm... Decisions decisions decisions...

Taken with the Sony Alpha 100 with the F56AM flash, Minolta 75-300mm f4.5-5.6 (D) lens and the Sony M3358 close up filter with a 55-58mm step up ring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment