Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Time for Whining

Classes at NIE just barely started for me and I'm almost standing at the midpoint of this short semester. This is the middle of the 3rd week of a six week semester and I have like so many assignments to do (again) before the semester ends. For all those aspiring teachers to be still in university, enjoy the relatively slow paced undergraduate life you have now before you step into NIE. You will know what I mean when all your grades depend only on your continuous assessment. Look at this...

Module A: 4 essays (500 words so must be concise, yet need to do read up and referencing so cannot anyhow say) and a 70minutes tutorial presentation cum discussion in group work (lesson plan included).

Module B: In class group work twice weekly with homework assignments, 50%, writeup cum individual presentation 50%

Module C: Lesson plan (5%), Microteaching (35%), Reflection (10%), Assignment 1 (5%), Assignment 2a, 2b (15%), Assignment 3 (10%), Assignment 4 (10%)

Physics Module: Choice of essay, writing exam paper, critique an exam paper (100%).

That's like 4^2=16 things to work on in 6 weeks (About 3 each week). Makes me feel like a secondary school kid with 8 subjects under my name again. Thanks goodness I'm a physics graduate...


Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment