Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Singapore's Pride, SAJC's Honour

It is sort of ironic that Saint Andrew's Junior College, a predominantly English speaking JC produced two of brightest stars in the Mandopop scene: Stefanie Sun 孙燕姿 and Wayne Lim (or JJ) 林俊杰. Is this pure coincidence or does SAJC provides the best environment for superstars-to-be?

I was packing my room recently when I saw my old 1998 SAJC year book and saw JJ's photos in the book.

jjsajc01
JJ singing in the 21st College Day night concert in 1998
jjsajc02
JJ performing in 阳光幼苗 (Yang Guang You Miao) 1998 默剧 (Mime). Heck, I even had the video of the night's show but too bad he put on so much make-up that no one will ever recognise him. Otherwise these are valuable footage of his early performances.

Sun Yan Zi SAJC
Stefanie 孙燕姿 SAJC class photo.

Perhaps the secret of SAJC is that they send their students from Chinese Society 中文学会, at least during my times, (at subsidized rates) to the Li Wei Song music school
李伟菘音乐学 校 and they provide opportunities for them to do school performances whereby the content is not limited to those traditional dance and songs like 明天会更好. Either that or it is just those kind of 1/200 chance that it happened this way.

cert
Hey, I have one of those certificates too. But I still can't sing, haha.

Can you imagine if I end up back at SAJC as a teacher in the future to witness the third rising star from Singapore? I just can't wait.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment