Quick Links: Home | Blank Space | Blank Space | Blank Space

Adventures of Yahoo Auctions

There was this guy (I presume his a guy) who bid in 2 of my CDs in auction but was outbidded in one of them at the very last minute. Obviously agitated, he send me an email to offer a higher price to get the CD from me.

I bidded on
Clearance Sale - BoA Listen to my Heart (Jpop, Kpop, CD)
Clearance Sale - BoA Second Album, No. 1 (Jpop, Kpop, CD)
because I want to collect 2 sets. But in the last minute, some joker outbid me with just 10 cent on BoA Listen to my Heart. I would like to extend a higher offer than that.
If I can't get the 2 sets, I really don't see the point of collecting just 1
As the auction has closed, it would be unfair for me to accept the higher offer from him. Besides, the CD was sold for S$2.40, how much higher could he offer that could worth a negative feedback and my integrity? Therefore I kindly send an email in response to explain to him that I don't buy his story.

Hi,

  1. I would welcome a higher offer but it could not be accepted as it came after the auction had closed. Besides, my auction was automatically extended by 5 minutes when happi***** outbid you. In view that you could have fend off bids by 1.) Having a higher maximum bid to prevent being outbidded, 2.) Had the chance to outbid happi***** when he/she outbidded you in the last minute, I could not cancel happi*****'s bid as there was no foul play involved.
  2. You may however, contact happi***** and try to reach an agreement with him/her with regards on this issue at o*******@gmail.com and I have sent a copy of this email to him/her too.
  3. As you did not informed me that you wanted both CDs and only both CDs, I find it unfair for you to back out from the auction item that you have won as so it would be necessary for me to give a negative feedback should you decide to not buy the CD that you won.
  4. I hope to hear a kind reply from you within 48 hours (before 2359, 9 May 2005), otherwise I will take it that you are backing out from the deal and a negative feedback would be given.
  5. You are reminded that you won the CD at S$2 and handling fees will be S$1 for normal local postage, S$3 for registered postage. I will not be responsible for any mail lost if you opt for normal postage.
Thank you and have a nice day
Mastermind


Zhi**** wrote:
I bidded on
Clearance Sale - BoA Listen to my Heart (Jpop, Kpop, CD) ----> Happi***** won
Clearance Sale - BoA Second Album, No. 1 (Jpop, Kpop, CD) -----> You won
because I want to collect 2 sets. But in the last minute, someone outbid me with just 10 cent on BoA Listen to my Heart. I would like to extend a higher offer than that.
If I can't get the 2 sets, I really don't see the point of collecting just 1.
Note the part in red, I even edit his language when I copied the mail to happi***** for zhi*****. But guess what I get for a response?

Do not use negative rating as a scare tactic to me. You should have seen a lot of my names bidding in your albums. It was very clear that I was buying quite a number of items from you. To be outbid by 10 cents is ridiculous and I am not online all the time to camp the bidding war.
If you wish to continue the single BoA album trade. By all means email me your bank account.
Ridiculous claim that I am using scare tactic on him, and as if he is paying good money for my original CDs, and he was R-U-D-E!.. All of them (the CDs) lelong for S$2 a piece still talk so big... It seems to be getting harder to find a new home for my trash unwanted CDs. How could he slander me, I got to make him take back his statements, I got to email him to threaten to sue him. He shall hear from my lawyers.. (puns intended)So I wrote him this instead

Hi,

  1. I am disappointed to hear that you take my kind words as a scare tactic when in fact you are the one who threaten to withdraw from the auction item that you have won if you don't get both. I even provide contacts for you to arrange with happi***** for a possible agreement if you really wanted the CD so much.
  2. If you have doubts in my integrity that I will resort to using scare tactic, I will suggest that we cancel this trade and any further trade between us neutrally for the benefit for the both of us. As you can see from my 17 bulk purchase auction, I do have buyers waiting for the other BoA CD should you wish to give it up.
  3. Thank you for showing interests in my auctions.
Have a nice day
Mastermind
Yes, I weasled out of the legal action path and took the less drastic measures of dropping subtle hints that "you not happy then don't buy lar". But the problem with most guys is that they don't get the hints...

So are we still dealing BoA Second Album, No. 1?
I have already mentioned that I will honour my bid in my recent email, I don't see how my first email about withdrawing still affects you.
Maybe I should forget about hints and just tell him directly that "Yoz Bro, can't you see your comments are insulting me? You better apologise now or I will be so sad". But then my parents taught me that I must be courteous all the time. (Or rather Sucre will kill me if I did that, hides) So I took the lesser road of explaining the obvious one more time.

Hi,

  1. Please read my points carefully. You are making a false accusation that I am using a scare tactic on you when I am in fact offering my kind assistance and explaining to you my courses of actions with courtesy.
  2. If you feel that my reasons and explanations given are not fair, you may voice your own concerns.
  3. As I am pretty disturbed by the misconceptions that you have formed and was actually looking forward to you taking back the accusation in your coming email. Therefore I wanted to make sure that any doubts you have in my integrity be cleared before proceeding with the trade as I want the trade to be a happy affair.
  4. Also, in your earlier email, you have given me an option if I wish to continue the trade. So my response will be if you feel that I am threatening you with scare tactic, we can cancel the trade neutrally.
  5. I hope this clear things up a bit.
  6. So may I assume that the trade is still on going? If so I suggest that we wait for the other CDs that you have bidded to be closed before finalizing the deal as I allow combined items mailing. I will send you the new postage costs after confirming the number of CDs you have won.
Good night,
Mastermind
I'm simply poor at insults.. That's all lar... already Good Night liao what you expect? Me also waiting for the latest development mah...


0 comments:

Post a Comment